RL100 Radar Detector
Portable, All-Band Radar and Laser Detection with GPS TechnologyThe K40 RL100 offers the ultimate portable protection from every kind of police radar and laser, meaning you drive ticket-free. Guaranteed. Fully customizable for every vehicle and driving environment.
- Downloadable Documents
- Reviews & Testimonials
- 12 Customizable Settings - No two drivers, vehicles, or driving environments are the same. The K40 RL100 is completely customizable to the way you drive.
- GPS-based "Mark to Alert" - Mark points of interest that you deem worthy of alert. This feature gives you the ability to "Mark and Unmark" any location. Build your own database of locations. No annual subscriptions, no internet databases, and no weekly downloading or updating from a home computer or laptop.
- K40's exclusive Quiet Ride- Allows you to set a minimum MPH detection speed that eliminates all audible alerts until the vehicle exceeds your selected speed. Ideal for long road trips or where you only want to be alerted to radar/laser if you exceed a set speed limit.
- K40's Speed Monitor (programmable feature) - Gives the driver a constant audible alert whenever a pre-selected speed is exceeded, as well as a visual alert telling you to "slow down." Great for young or new drivers. Speed Monitor will override Quiet Ride.
- Fully Programmable Radar/Laser Alert Options - Enables you to eliminate audible and visual alerts to specific radar bands or laser. This programmable feature is particularly useful if your vehicle has radar-based safety accessories, or when travelling in congested urban areas where non-police radar signals may be prevalent.
- Accessories Included - Everything you need to install the RL100 is included: Fully-adjustable windshield mounting bracket with suction cups, a standard coiled power cord with 12V outlet adapter, and a straight power cord for a custom hard-wired installation.
- Voice or Tone plus Digital Display - Unique audible and visual warnings alert you to the specific police radar band targeting your vehicle as well as providing a "Geiger" audio alert that accelerates as you near the threat.
- Vibrant LCD Digital Display - Great looking and easy to read, day or night. Easily adjust the brightness to suit your driving environment. Default display shows your filter setting, your compass direction, and speed reading.
- 7,298,248 B2
- Other patents pending.
Detects every FCC approved police radar frequency and radar gun:
10.500 - 10.550 GHz (X band)
24.050 - 25.250 GHz (K band)
33.400 - 36.000 GHz (Ka band)
GHz = gigahertz
11.0 - 16.0 Volts DC negative ground
170 mA typical standby
4.625 in. L x 2.625 in. W x 1.1250 in. H
5° F to + 150° F
Three Filter Settings:
|Detects all types of FCC approved police radar or laser signals at full sensitivity.||For highway travel or in any area in which you are
unfamiliar with the types of radar used.
|2. City||The X-Band sensitivity is reduced. This is because it is the most common source of non-police radar
signals. K, KA and Laser will remain at full sensivity.
|When traveling in an urban area with minimal non-police radar signals.|
|3. Filter||Eliminates X-Band detection completely. Reduces
K and KA Band sensitivity. Laser detection will remain at full sensitivity.
|When traveling in a congested traffic area with a high concentration of non-police radar signals.|
- Voice Type - Male / Female
- Audible Voice - Voice On / Voice Off
- Test - Test On (Full) / Test Off (abbreviated start-up sequence)
- Speed Displayed - Speed On / Speed Off - for MPH on screen
- Compass Heading - On / Off - directional heading on screen
- POP Radar Band - On / Off - turning POP on will greatly increase alerts to all radar emissions
- Quiet RideTM - Set minimum detection speed from 20mph - 65mph
- X-Band - On / Off
- K-Band - On / Off
- KA-Band - On / Off
- Laser - On / Off
- Factory Reset
Radar Receiver Type - DSP Datadyne Technologies
GPS Receiver Type - SiRFstar III
Display Type - Full LCD Text Display
Signal Strength Indicators - Audible geiger and numeric signal strength indications
K40's Exclusive RL100 Radar Detector Guarantees: If you get a speeding ticket, we’ll pay for it.*
K40 was the first radar detector manufacturer in the world to offer a speeding ticket guarantee. Thirty years later, we are still the company with the confidence to back all of our products with this guarantee: All speeding tickets covered in full, no questions asked, for one full year from the date of purchase.*
K40 guarantees your satisfaction, 100%
K40 continues to offer the best guarantees in the industry, as it has since 1981. It’s a confidence that comes from three decades of designing the very best automotive Radar and Laser Protection Systems in the world.
Along with the industry’s only comprehensive speeding ticket guarantee, your RL100 guarantee also includes:
- 100% performance guarantee – If your RL100 does not outperform any other radar detector you’ve owned, return it within 30 days for a full product credit.
- 100% one-year quality guarantee – K40 will repair or replace any defective RL100 for one full year from date of purchase.
Register to Ensure You’re Covered
To ensure you’re covered by all K40 guarantees, register your product today.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The purchase of any K40 product from eBay or other online auction site forfeits all manufacturers’ warranties.
* Speeding ticket guarantee not valid for tickets written in school or construction zones, or incurred with a DUI violation.
K40 RL100 PORTABLE
K40 RL100 - Radar Detector Reviewed - Simple, Easy and Effective
(Click here to read review)
I recently installed your RL100 in my vehicle and I have been nothing but completely impressed with it. I recently moved from Iowa to Indiana and this saved me many, many times. The range on the system blew me away. I was able to know about speed traps in plenty of time before I came upon them so there was plenty of time to reduce my speed. The GPS in the system is great. It helped me know that I was indeed going the way I needed to when the road signs were unclear. I think one of my favorite features is the "Mark" feature. I have used it a few times since I have arrived here. It is great to know that I am coming up on an area that I have noticed a lot of police activity. I have also "Marked" a couple of areas where kids play so I know to be extra cautious.
All in all this is the finest dash mounted Radar/Laser detector I have ever had the pleasure of using. The LCD display along with audible tones give me all the info I need to know that I need to be alert for what is coming ahead.
"This is my second K40 radar detector. The first one I purchased in 2001 saved me from a ticket the very first day. I thought this one was defective because it alerted me 4 miles before I saw a state patrol. This convinced me how well this product works! It has saved me countless tickets since then. Thanks for making a superior product.
Speed Measurement Laboratories - Long Range Test 2013
“I have to commend your engineers on an outstanding job of designing the RL100. Regardless of the sensitivity setting, when it alerts me, I know without a doubt that the above mentioned are in the area. This from a driver with 43 years of driving experience going all the way back to the FUZZBUSTER days.
Thank you K40 and Audiodriven"
Oak Forest, IL
“The range on my K40 radar detector system is way better than any radar detector I have ever owned. I was sold on the no ticket guarantee. The K40 has also provided 75% less falsing when driving in and around the DFW area. I don’t know it’s there unless I need it.”
Terry Lynn G., Dallas, TX
"After using my new RL100 for three weeks I have to tell you this unit is amazing! After trying 6 different units over the years, I finally have one that works the way I want it to. The Quiet Ride feature is fantastic. I can set my minimum speed and let it go. If I don't hear it, I don't have to worry about it. I love the fact that when it does go off it tells you what band and the strength. The GPS also allows the unit to double as a heads up display so your speed is never more than a quick glance away. The RL100 is the best radar detector I have ever used. Period."
-- Michael R., Elgin, IL